Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Impossible Wishes

"The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become." ~ Charles Dubois


There's that saying, "every cloud has a silver lining." I never believed it. I still dont really believe it. But some may say that is what I'm getting at with this post, and I want to say upfront that it's not.


I'm loving my life in Thailand. And it is definitely one of, if not the best, decisions I have ever made. It has only been a month and a half since I've been here and two weeks that I've been teaching, but I know that this year is going to be full of experiences and people and places that will forever change me, likely for the better.


The thing is, I know I wouldnt be here if my dad was still alive. That changed me so much and put me in the position that made me capable of making the decision to come here. And while there were a lot of things that sort of just fell together to push me in this direction, that was the driving force. Listening to the reasons that others have for making this journey has made me realize that the person I used to be would never have even thought about taking this course in life. But i would give up all of every one of these experiences if it would mean he was back in my life.

No comments: